Friday, October 27, 2006

 

Custom Search Engines for Teachers and Students

Many of you know my goal is to organize the Internet for teachers andstudents. I have discovered a tool that is helping me with that goal! I have been working on creating custom search engines using the Google’sCo-Op Tool (still in beta) for specific grade levels and subject areas. The Co-Op Tool allows for the specification of sites that are included in the search results.

Below are the grade levels, subject areas, and topics for which I am building custom search engines. My goal is to build 10 (or so:) “ultimate” search engines for each of these areas by including only the best websites for each category. By carefully selecting the sites to include and adding refinement tags, these search engines will allow teachers to more easily find high quality Internet resources. In addition, these custom search engines will provide safe places for students to search.

Grade levels:
Pre-K – Grade 2
Grades 3-6
Grades 6-8
Grades 9-12

Subject areas:
Reading
Math
Science
Social Studies
ESL/ELL

Topics:
Online Teacher Tools
Interactive Whiteboard Resources

What do I need from you? If you know of high quality sites that should be included in one of the custom search engines, please send it to me (diana@gamequarium.com ). I will be making these search engines available to everyone. I hope to post them this weekend and continue to refine and customize them over time.

Thanks in advance for your time and contribution!

:-Diana
Diana Dell
Gamequarium Webmaster
diana@gamequarium.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?